Il racconto delle mie esperienze, la condivisione delle mie emozioni...

venerdì 10 dicembre 2010

Antikythera mechanism (courtesy from old Greek culture and modern Lego Toys)

When I was children my best toys were Lego and I was very curious about misteries from the human past. Today I read on an online newspaper a scientists group recreating an old Greek mechanism using Lego (The video in the post shows the recreated device). The find is the famous Antikythera mechanism, found in 1901 in the Antikythera wreck (more information from wikipedia).

It's very amazing this news because shows that oldest cultures had a very high knowledge. Infact in 2006 X Ray analisys shows the true purpose of this mechanism: to forecast celestial events and eclipses. A most complex manual calendar!

I think It need write and dedicate this post to all children curious of the life and interesting in science (and playing in Lego) and to all children grown and again a little bit children. Like me....
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento